I woke up this morning, scrolled my Instagram, and saw a few friends had started blogs recently. Right after that, I read over my to-do list to prepare for our move. Instead of completing items on the to-do list, I thought it sounded like a much better use of time to begin documenting our move on my own blog.
So, we’re moving to San Francisco.
I’ve got a new job as K-1 teacher at San Francisco Community School in SFUSD and Pat is going to keep his job at Teach For America (it transfers, woohoo!). We’re moving out of our house in Florence (commence tears!) this coming Sunday, June 29th and will head to stay with my parents for a week. I’ll hang with my family while Pat goes to ATL to celebrate his brother’s bachelor party (commence silent prayers!). Then, on Monday, July 7th, we’ll begin our cross country drive. And nope, we don’t have our route planned yet. It’s on the to-do list.
To keep me properly distracted throughout all the
scary exciting changes of the next few months, I’m going to document here. Starting with my to-do list I mentioned…maybe this will help hold me accountable to it:
- Cancel gym membership at McLeod
- Cancel Duke Power
- Cancel water
- Go to bank and let them know we’re moving and make deposits
- Wash sofa slipcover
- Go run errands for Aunt Martha and take pots to the beach for her before we move (doesn’t really have to do with our move, but still on the list for the week…)
- Get loveseat to Caitlyn & Russ (hint, hint Caitlyn)
- Get chairs to Vanity in Charleston
- Cancel Time Warner cable (but not before US World Cup game on Thursday? Is that the right day?) and return cable box
- Contact Levi about selling him and Ashley bed (where should I leave it?)
- Change address with USPS
- Cancel doctor’s appointment in Florence later in July
- Post that we’re going to have a yard sale on Friday
- Prepare for yard sale (again…it’s my 3rd yard sale this year!)
- Chase down all buyers for stuff I’m selling on the infamous Florence “For Sale, Free, or Wanted” Facebook group – this is like 50 to-do items of it’s own. Florence has it’s own little buying/selling community on Facebook complete with about 3500 rules and a secret code. It’s very interesting…
- Go get TB test at the CVS minute clinic required for SFUSD paperwork
- Make copies of SS card, CBEST test results for SFUSD
- Figure out what to do about my ELL certification…
- Sell all of the following larger items: pink bike, grill w/tool set, chairs @ kitchen table, stool, iPod
- Meet lady at house today at 5:30pm so she can pick up rug
- Let landlords know about hole in wall where we tried to hang mirror (I’m nervous about this one!)
- Plan out route for trip
- Book hotels for trip that are pet friendly – yes, Biscuit and Socrates are making the trip with us (of course!)
- Buy Socrates anti-anxiety cat medicine so he doesn’t freak out when we move
- Keep all friends and family calm during moving process – okay, so this isn’t really on my list, but this is real folks!
I’m sure I’m missing things – but you get the idea, it’s a process. It’s coming along, though! It’s going to happen. Help, chocolate, wine, and/or prayers welcomed. Let the adventure begin…