I’ve made good progress on my list since yesterday! That accountability thing works. My most proud accomplishment of yesterday was taking the step to call my vet and learn more about anti-anxiety helpers for my dearest, Socrates.
This cat is my pride and joy – so finding out that there is something I can do from making sure he won’t destroy our house (hint hint – use the bathroom everywhere, mainly on our bed…) when we move was a major relief. More to come on this in a bit.
First, an update on my list:
Cancel gym membership at McLeod(AND – I got $20.09 back for the week we aren’t using this month. Sweet!) Cancel Duke Power starting 6/30
- Cancel water
- Go to bank and let them know we’re moving and make deposits
- Wash sofa slipcover
- Go run errands for Aunt Martha and take pots to the beach for her before we move (doesn’t really have to do with our move, but still on the list for the week…)
- Get loveseat to Caitlyn & Russ (hint, hint Caitlyn) – partially complete b/c I set up a time with Cait to come pick it up!
- Get chairs to Vanity in Charleston
- Cancel Time Warner cable (but not before US World Cup game on Thursday? Is that the right day?) and return cable box
- Contact Levi about selling him and Ashley bed (where should I leave it?)
Change address with USPS Cancel doctor’s appointment in Florence later in July
- Post that we’re going to have a yard sale on Friday
- Prepare for yard sale (again…it’s my 3rd yard sale this year!)
- Chase down all buyers for stuff I’m selling on the infamous Florence “For Sale, Free, or Wanted” Facebook group – this is like 50 to-do items of it’s own. Florence has it’s own little buying/selling community on Facebook complete with about 3500 rules and a secret code. It’s very interesting… – I need to get moving on this!
- Go get TB test at the CVS minute clinic required for SFUSD paperwork
- Make copies of SS card, CBEST test results for SFUSD
- Figure out what to do about my ELL certification…
- Sell all of the following larger items:
pink bike,grill w/tool set, chairs @ kitchen table, stool, iPod Meet lady at house today at 5:30pm so she can pick up rug Let landlords know about hole in wall where we tried to hang mirror (I’m nervous about this one!)– They weren’t even mad! Pack
- Plan out route for trip
- Book hotels for trip that are pet friendly – yes, Biscuit and Socrates are making the trip with us (of course!)
Buy Socrates anti-anxiety cat medicine so he doesn’t freak out when we move
- Keep all friends and family calm during moving process – okay, so this isn’t really on my list, but this is real folks! (I went to see my grandmother yesterday to calm her nerves and then my sister and brother-in-law came to visit last night – so I count this as progress. I’ll probably be working on this everyday!)
All in all, of my 29 items – I got 7 of them done and made some progress with a few others (for you math people, that’s 24.1%). I think that’s good work for one day! Especially since that trip to see my grandmother meant 5 hours of my day were spent in the car going to and from Charlotte, NC. And… my final accomplishment of the day is that during my sister and brother-in-law’s visit, we got 2nd place at trivia night! (2nd place is a BIG deal to me, people. Usually, if I play, my team gets dead last…)
[Now, here’s the most important part of this whole post: what you’ve been waiting/reading for (especially if you have crazy cat-lady tendencies like me)… how I’m resolving the cat anxiety situation. So, I called my vet who I’ve known for 20+ years (I started babysitting for her kids when I was 12 and now I’m 28…so about 20 years, right?) and she gave me the step-by-step run down on what I need to do & buy. She swore up and down that a product called Feliway will work miracles (and there were no strings attached like “you can only buy this from me…”). I have to buy a spray and a plug in, both of which produce pheromones which resemble cat facial pheromones that cats use to mark their territory. I’m to spray his cat carrier before we move and then get the plug-in diffuser to plug in to the room he stays in before we move and then again in his new apartment location. So, I bought this miracle spray + diffuser combo this morning online after shopping around for the best price. The user reviews also promise great things (“my cat was going all over my furniture and now she never has this problem anymore!”), so I’m very hopeful…. BTW, let me know if you know any cat-anxiety relieving tricks!]